The service has been very successful in achieving the number two pay TV position in Slovenia, however the profitability of the service and TV subscriber growth needed to increase.
Telekom Slovenia, approached 3Vision to help redesign the content offer, negotiate new content deals and renegotiate existing deals in order to deliver the refreshed consumer proposition.
To kick off the project, 3Vision conducted a detailed review of the existing IPTV proposition and then worked closely with Telekom Slovenia to devise the new TV offer. This process included:
- Competitive analysis - including content offer and pricing
- Benchmarking versus comparable international services
- Analysis of existing content agreements
- Identifying the potential to further leverage IPTV technology by including additional VOD and interactive content
- Business modelling of proposition profitability
Once the new proposition was agreed, 3Vision led the implementation phase of the project by negotiating content deals with all the required providers. In many cases this included securing additional rights from TV channel providers such as VOD, Catch-up TV and PCTV rights (the ability to stream channels to PCs).
The new IPTV proposition was launched just 3 months after commencing the project with very successful results:
- Profitability of the service has substantially increased
- A simplified TV proposition has been well received by consumers with the majority subscribing to the top tier
- A number of high quality new channels and services have been launched including Disney Channel, Cinemax, E!, Nickelodeon and HBO Digital
“Creating a sustainable and profitable business model can be a challenge for young IPTV businesses - especially when users become more demanding and have greater choice of suppliers. Furthermore, content providers can hold to their out of date business models and live in constant fears of losing revenues. Matching these two situations can be quite a challenge. After considerable time spent on working on a solution, we found a consultancy company called 3Vision - which consists of media professionals with rich experience and a very positive attitude to the changing media world. Their professional help, the timeframe within it was provided, and the number of opportunities that arose in the course of the project alone are just a few highlights of a very successful project. The team of 3Vision was one of the most dedicated I’ve ever seen in any industry and their genuine concern for the success of their clients is unparalleled.”
Get in touch