Marlink initiated a project to launch content-based services call Xchange Media for seafarers using distribution via its satellite network. 3Vision were approached to develop content strategy, negotiate rights and identify a content fulfilment partner to manage encoding.
At 3Vision we have an expert understanding of content strategy and acquisitions, having dealt with a vast array of content owners and Pay TV services. Our experience and insider knowledge in evaluating and launching new services allowed us to:
- Develop a strategy and consumer proposition that worked for merchant vessels
- Evaluate the potential options for sourcing content to support the proposition
- Identified content owners to approach for the new service
- Approached and negotiated video on demand content deals on Marlink’s behalf
- Input content revenue and costs into the business model to manage the trial period budget
The unique experience of our team enabled us to negotiate terms for a relatively new area of the market.
In 2016, Marlink successfully launched the XChange Media service to the global maritime market.
Get in touch